Old Fashioned Coconut Cream PieFrom sunnyd 6 years ago
- 3 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked shopping list
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract. Pour into pie shell and chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with whipped topping, and with remaining 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Note: To toast coconut, spread it in an ungreased pan and bake in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
The Cooksunnyd Jasonville, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!