Hamburger And Onion Stuffed Bread-Rachael RayFrom mrtnzangel8 7 years ago
- 1 baguette (I've even used French bread for a bigger sandwich) shopping list
- 1 tbls extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbls worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Dijon or spicy brown mustard, to dress the bread shopping list
- 4 slices deli swiss cheese, folded to cover the bread, or 6 ounces Gouda or smoked Gouda, sliced to fit the bread shopping list
- Chopped fresh chives or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200* F
- Crisp the bread in the low oven, split lengthwise, then cut in half again to make 4 bread boats and hollow out the bread. Switch the broiler on.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the meat, season liberally with salt and pepper, and brown and crumble it, 3 minutes. add the onions and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently. Add the Worcestershire and remove from the heat.
- Spread a little Dijon or spicy brown mustard across the bottoms of the breads. Fill with the meat and onions and top the filled breads with the cheese. Melt the cheese under the broiler and garnish with the chives or parsley.
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating12 people
This does look wonderful....hot like me!organicmama in loved it
Love this. I haven't tried that yet, Bryan got me that cookbook for my birthday a few weeks ago, I haven't had a chance to look through it good. Will be having these sandiwches this weekend!! (Gonna look through my book, too! LOL) Thanks for shari...moresparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I love recipes that you can play with. Thanks!rml in loved it