As good as gone dipFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1 large round loaf dark bread, unsliced shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1-14 ounce can artichoke hearts, water-packed, cut into pieces shopping list
- OR 1-10 ounce package frozen chopped spinached thawed and drained well shopping list
- Serve with thin slices of garlic bread and/or bread cubes and/or crackers shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut a hole from the top of the bread round about 5 inches across. Make a "top cap" for the loaf, set aside.
- Note: If you want it more decorative, make it a zig-zag cut around.
- Scoop out most of the inside of the loaf, leaving enough on the bottom and sides to make it a "bowl".
- Use the bread "guts"as cubes for dipping or save for later use as stuffing.
- In a skillet, sauté the scallions and garlic in butter until the scallions are wilted. Be careful NOT to burn the scallions!!!
- In a medium bowl, put cream cheese, scallions, garlic, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well.
- Fold in artichoke hearts or spinach.
- Fill the hollowed out bread bowl with the mixture.
- Replace the top cap of bread bowl.
- Wrap the bowl in double thickness of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours.
- Remove foil and put bread bowl on serving platter surrounded with garlic bread, bread cubes, and/or crackers.
- When the dip is gone, you're left with the bread that has really soaked up all the flavors from the dip. Break in up and go to town!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!