PitepaltFrom umeboshi 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel ang shred the potatoes ("old" potatoes - the best potatoes are those you get in winter, that aren't fresh from the ground). Drain the liquid.
- Mix the shredded potatoes with flour and salt to a dough.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Take a big pot and fill with 3 l (12 cups) water and 2 tbsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Flour your hands, take a bit of dough (slightly smaller than a tennisball) and roll to a ball. Make a hole in the ball, big enough to put about a tbsp of bacon in. Make sure to close the hole properly or else the bacon will fall out when its cooking!
- Put the palt balls in the boiling water one by one as you finish rolling and filling them. Stir carefully among the balls while cooking. When the last ball is in the pot, let them all boil for about 45 minutes.
- If you have any leftover bacon, you can fry them until crunchy.
- Serve the palt with lingonberry jam, butter and the crunchy bacon. Milk is very nice to drink to this dish.