Broccoli-cheese CalzonesFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 10oz refrigerated whole-wheat pizza dough, brought to room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup broccoli, diced and steamed until bright green and slightly tender shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll out dough to a large, thin rectangle.
- Cut into 6 five-inch squares.
- Mix broccoli florets, cheeses, garlic and pepper flakes.
- Spoon filling equally amongst the squares of dough.
- Bring edges of dough together and pinch tightly to seal. Prick tops with a fork.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, brush lightly with water.
- Bake 15 minutes, flipping ½ way through.
- Serve hot or freeze for future use.
People Who Like This Dish 65
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
I made just one giant calzone and served it with warm pizza sauce for dipping. Delicious! My IMI thread: Broccoli Cheese Calzonesgkwillow in City loved it
Very yummy! I added some onion to the steaming broccoli and a dash of salt and pepper. My husband who hates cottage cheese didn't even know it was in them and ate 2! Sucker lol! More at the link below ;)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget557 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members