Crispy Potatoe Pancakes Like Ones At The FairFrom cherihannah 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 11/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 6 medium-size potatoes,scrubbed shopping list
- 2 eggs,well beaten shopping list
- 1 tbsp. grated onion (I add more because we love onions) shopping list
- Cannola or sesame oil for frying (matter of choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the first 4 ingred.; set aside
- Pare and grate(long thin slivers better than finely grated);set aside
- Heat enough oil in a heavy skillet to make a layer 1/4 in. deep.
- Combine the flour mixture with the remaining ingred..
- Drain and combine grated potatoes with egg mixture;blend well.
- Spoon about 2 tblsp. batter for each pancake into hot fat.
- Fry over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown and crispy on both sides. Serve immediately while still hot & crispy. Still good later.( flavors mingle - just not as crispy. )Can also serve with applesauce. Enjoy!!