White Chicken StockFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 1/2t black peppercorns shopping list
- 10 parsley sprigs shopping list
- 8 thyme sprigs shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 onions, unpeeled and quartered shopping list
- 2 carrots cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 16c cold water shopping list
- 6# chicken pieces shopping list
How to make it
- In a very large stockpot or dutch oven, place first 8 ingredients; add water and chicken. Bring mixtue to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 hours. Strain stock through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Reserve chicken for another use; discard remaining solids. Cover and chill stock 8 hours. Skim solidified fat from surface of broth, and discard. Yield 10 cups.
- 28 calories per cup; 26% from fat.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating6 people
hey this is great thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I like making my own chicken stock...good post.peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I was looking for a good white stock for my chicken and noodle soup looks like I found it thanks for the post and high FIVES.
Bakermanroosterbakermanrooster in Wichita loved it