Christmas Wife SaverFrom michelle73 7 years ago
- 10-16 slices of bread with crusts cut off shopping list
- 20-30 slices of back bacon or ham shopping list
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper, optional shopping list
- sliced tomatoes, optional shopping list
- 2 tsp. worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- dash of tabasco shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or Special K shopping list
How to make it
- In buttered 9 x 13 glass pan, place 8 slices of bread.
- Cover bread with ham and cheese (tomatoes)and then lay rest of bread on top, like a sandwich.
- Mix eggs, spices, milk, worchestershire, tabasco and onion. (green pepper)
- Pour over sandwiches.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning melt butter and add Corn Flakes.
- Sprinkle on top of sandwiches.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookmichelle73 Melville, CA
The Rating2 people
Michelle, this is one of our favorite breakfast buffet dishes - so easy to do the night before and the flavor is fantastic. I have never added the crunchy topping, but I will give that a try next time. Great breakfast/brunch dish!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!