Orange Blossom Butter CookiesFrom helewes 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup butter or margerine shopping list
- softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup of raw sugar shopping list
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup cholestrol-free egg product shopping list
- Grated peel of one large orange ( 2 Tbls. ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- orange butter frosting shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine softened shopping list
- Grated peel one large orange shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- Mix all ingredients shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Mix butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl with a spoon until creamy and very well blended.
- Stir in orange peel and orange juice.
- Stir in remaining ingredients ( except the butter frosting ) :>)
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes (depending upon your oven )
- or until light brown around the edges.
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost cooled cookies with the Orange Butter Frosting.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
The Rating5 people
These were great.. They were gone the same day
I used an orange glaze instead of frosting
When I have more time I will try them with the frostingpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
They've been out of the oven for about 30 minutes now and I couldn't resist trying an unfrosted one. They are really light and I think the orange butter frosting is going to be just right. I used fresh orange juice - I'm sure it would have been more ...moredancegypsy67 in Nipomo loved it
Update: these were introduced to friends and were a big hit with them too!dancegypsy67 in Nipomo loved it