Estate Sale Purchased Pear Crisp With Lemon Sauce Dated 1952From chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup all purpose flour divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel divided shopping list
- 5 cups sliced peeled ripe pears shopping list
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- lemon Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 egg yolk beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine 2 tablespoons flour, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Add pears then gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased square baking dish.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cardamom, remaining flour and lemon peel then mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle over pears and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
- For lemon sauce combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water until smooth.
- Stir in egg yolk, butter, lemon juice and lemon peel and cook for 3 minutes longer.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!