ROAST PORK CRUSTED WITH ADOBOFrom rosemaryblue 6 years ago
- 7-8 pound pork shoulder, with bone shopping list
- adobo seasoning shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- Leaves from 2 bunches fresh oregano shopping list
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and halved (I use fresh) shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered shopping list
- 1 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 1- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- To make the adobo seasoning: Place garlic, oregano, jalapenos, and red pepper in the bowl of a food processor and use the pulse button to obtain a pastelike consistency.
- Scrape into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, coriander, pepper, lime juice, and olive oil, and stir into paste.
- Rub adobo mix all over the pork and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place pork in a deep roasting pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 and continue baking--spritzing once or twice with water--for 2 1/2 hours, until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of roast registers 170.
- Remove roasting pan from oven, cover with foil, and allow pork to rest for 20 minutes. Slice and serve with rice and beans.
- THIS TRULY IS AWSOME----WONDERFUL FLAVOR
- NOTE: I SOMETIMES ADD TO ADOBO SEASONING,1 Chipotle pepper (canned, or in jar)
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookrosemaryblue CollegeTown
- Not added to any groups yet!