Colonel Benjamins Curry ChickenFrom pointsevenout 6 years ago
- 1t salt shopping list
- 1t coriander, ground shopping list
- 1t cumin, ground shopping list
- 1t chili powder shopping list
- 1t fresh ginger, peeled, grated shopping list
- 1/4t turmeric, ground shopping list
- 1t vegetable oil shopping list
- 4c onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 1/2c (about 1 1/2 pound) tomato, peeled, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2T lemon juice, fresh shopping list
- 12 chicken thighs, skinned, about 3 pounds shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 pound baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 2T fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 3c hot cooked rice shopping list
- cilantro sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cumin mixture, tomato, and juice. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken and potatoes to pan; stir in chopped cilantro. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Serving size: 2 thighs, 1cup potato curry, 1/2 cup rice; 449 calories, 14% from fat.