Baked Pasta with Sausage Tomatoes and CheeseFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 1pk uncooked ziti, short tube-shaped pasta, 1 pound shopping list
- 1pk hot-spiced turkey italian sausage links, 1 pound shopping list
- 1c onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1T tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1/4t black pepper shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4c fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1c fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded, 4oz shopping list
- 1c fresh parmesan cheese, grated, 4oz shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, and set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add tomato paste, salt, pepper, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cooked pasta, sausage mixture, and basil. Place half of pasta mixture in a 4-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Top with half of mozzarella and half of parmesan. Repeat layers. Bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups; 413 calories; 26% from fat.