Lemon Poached Shrimp Cocktail with Red Onion Cocktail SauceFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 6 black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 large lemon, halved shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large or jumbo shrimp in shells shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced (this can be left out if desired) shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, combine wine, water, peppercorns, bay leaves and salt.
- Squeeze in juice from lemon halves and drip rinds into pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and poach 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel shrimp and devein.
- Meanwhile, while shrimp are cooling, combine remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill until serving time or overnight.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
Very nice post. I like your court bouillion for poaching the shrimp. Nothing worse than flabby tasteless shrimp. NO worries here.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This looks awesome!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Excellent rendition. Thanks.merlin in San Francisco loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!