La RusseFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and peeled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar shopping list
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- ¼ cup brewed espresso shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Generously grease 8 inch cake pans
- Cut 3 rounds of waxed paper to line the bottom of each pan, and generously grease the waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites with the salt and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the egg whites among the three pan, and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and immediately decrease the heat to 275°F.
- Bake until the meringue is hard but not brown, about 1 hour.
- In a food processor, grind the nuts with 1 tablespoon of the sugar until you have a fine meal.
- Combine the chocolate, espresso, Kahlua, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a heatproof bowl and melt together.
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the cream into a large chilled bowl, and whip with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate blend into the whipped cream, and then fold in half of the ground nuts.
- To assemble the cake, carefully peel the paper from the bottom of each meringue.
- Set one round on a serving platter.
- With a spatula, spread one third of the cream over the top.
- Cover with a second round, and repeat the procedure.
- Top with the third round, and spread with the remaining cream, spreading it over and around the sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ground hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate for no more than 3 hours before serving
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
I drooled when I saw this cake. I have got to eat some of it so I will be baking this soon. Thanks for sharing it. Briannabrianna in loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Copy Cat Recipes370 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members