Sri Lankan Shrimp Curry with WalnutsFrom merlin 9 years ago
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, medium or larger, shell off, tail on. (Or, mix shrimp and sea scallops.) shopping list
- 2 t. chili powder shopping list
- 1 t. turmeric shopping list
- 1 sliced onion shopping list
- 1 sliced sweet red pepper shopping list
- 2 T. peanut oil for sautéing shopping list
- 1 t. crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 t. crushed ginger shopping list
- 1 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 2 t. salt shopping list
- juice of ½ lime shopping list
- ½ cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk or lite coconut milk shopping list
- 1 t. sugar or equivalent sweetener shopping list
- additional Tabasco sauce to taste shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- Chopped chives shopping list
- plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- 1) In a wok or large sauté pan with a cover, sauté onion and pepper in oil until soft.
- 2) Add ginger, garlic, cinnamon, chili powder and turmeric. Sauté 1 minute
- 3) Add shrimps or shrimps and scallops, rinsed and drained. Sauté’ about 3 minutes until the seafood is beginning to loose its translucency
- 4) Add cilantro, salt, coconut milk, sugar or sweetener, and lime. Bring to a boil and cover. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5) Add walnuts, Tabasco and adjust seasoning. Cover and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve with chopped chives or scallions and plain yogurt.