Banana-Oatmeal Power CookiesFrom pinkpasta 7 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed shopping list
- 1 egg at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins, or any other dried fruit desired shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 1 or 2 baking sheets or line each with a "Silpat" nonstick liner.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Add the banana and egg and beat with a fork until blended. Stir in the flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, then stir in the raisins (or other dried fruit) and walnuts.
- Spoon the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet(s), spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 12 - 15 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking if 2 pans were used.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet(s) on a wire wrack for about 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Makes about 18 cookies; serves 6
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating3 people
GREAT! ^5 pink!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it