Creme Brulee With Fresh Berries RecipeFrom foodable 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat cream in a saucepot with vanilla beans.
- Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl with sugar and mix well.
- When cream is hot, add a little into the yolks at a time until half of the cream is used. This is called tempering the yolks.
- Add the egg mixture back into the pot with the rest of the cream and mix well.
- Strain the mixture to remove the vanilla beans and any impurities.
- Place the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and cook in a preheated 400-degree oven.
- Cook for about 50 minutes or until the brulee is firm.
- To Finish
- After the creme brulee is cool, dust the top with sugar.
- Place the brulee under the oven broiler and cook until the sugar caramelizes, this doesn't take long so keep a close eye on it.
- Top with fresh berries.
- 4. Enjoy your Creme Brulee.