Pumpkin Roll CakeFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin, packed shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 - 8oz package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powder sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons salter butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 tablespoon powder sugar shopping list
- small handful of pecans or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Prehat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 10x15 jelly roll pan with cooking spray, then line with wax or parchment paper and grease/flour (I use Baker's Joy spray).
- You can either do my way, which is lightly spray with cooking spray both sides of a sheet of wax paper, using a paper towel evenly spread spray on paper (less mess).
- Other way is to lightly sift sugar onto a smooth, clean kitchen towel (not terry cloth).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until smooth, add in pumpkin and beat well.
- Create a well in center of flour mixture and pour pumpkin mixture into flour, stir well until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into pan, bake for 13 to 15 minutes or when center is touched it springs back.
- When done, remove from oven and immediately loosen from pan and turn onto wax paper or towel.
- Carefully peel off paper backing, roll semi-tight in wax paper or towel and cool completely on rack, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- (When rolling in towel, be sure to sprinkle other side of towel as you roll to avoid sticking).
- When cooled, carefully unroll cake and spread filling on cake, evenly.
- Roll cake back up, seam side down, and place on serving dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sift powder sugar on top and sprinkle a line of nuts down the center, just before serving.
- Slice using a sawing motion with a serrated knife.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix well, spread over cake.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
The Rating3 people
This looks sooo yummy!!! Thank you!!superdupper in North Haven loved it
My son and I had a great time making this this morning. It turned out delicious. We didn't use nuts though. Thanks for an awesome recipe! :)superdupper in North Haven loved it
I just love a good pumpkin roll at anytime of the year! Thank you for sharing your recipe! Its a great one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!