Pumpkin Roll CakeFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin, packed shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 - 8oz package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powder sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons salter butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 tablespoon powder sugar shopping list
- small handful of pecans or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Prehat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 10x15 jelly roll pan with cooking spray, then line with wax or parchment paper and grease/flour (I use Baker's Joy spray).
- You can either do my way, which is lightly spray with cooking spray both sides of a sheet of wax paper, using a paper towel evenly spread spray on paper (less mess).
- Other way is to lightly sift sugar onto a smooth, clean kitchen towel (not terry cloth).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until smooth, add in pumpkin and beat well.
- Create a well in center of flour mixture and pour pumpkin mixture into flour, stir well until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into pan, bake for 13 to 15 minutes or when center is touched it springs back.
- When done, remove from oven and immediately loosen from pan and turn onto wax paper or towel.
- Carefully peel off paper backing, roll semi-tight in wax paper or towel and cool completely on rack, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- (When rolling in towel, be sure to sprinkle other side of towel as you roll to avoid sticking).
- When cooled, carefully unroll cake and spread filling on cake, evenly.
- Roll cake back up, seam side down, and place on serving dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sift powder sugar on top and sprinkle a line of nuts down the center, just before serving.
- Slice using a sawing motion with a serrated knife.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix well, spread over cake.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
The Rating3 people
I just love a good pumpkin roll at anytime of the year! Thank you for sharing your recipe! Its a great one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This looks sooo yummy!!! Thank you!!superdupper in North Haven loved it
My son and I had a great time making this this morning. It turned out delicious. We didn't use nuts though. Thanks for an awesome recipe! :)superdupper in North Haven loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!