Homemade Mac And CheeseFrom miamore73 9 years ago
- 1 Large Bag of Large Elbow macaroni noodles shopping list
- 1lb sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1lb medium cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1lb monterey jack cheese shopping list
- butter shopping list
- milk shopping list
- Lawry's seasoning salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- I never use pre-shredded cheese when making this dish. Some people choose to do this it makes it easier. I'm a picky cheese eater so I prefer to use block cheese and grate it myself.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate your cheeses seperately and store in seperate bowls
- Boil your noodles according to the directions on package
- Once Noodles have boiled strain all water out rinse off a little to remove some of the starch
- Place noodles in casserole dish. While noodles are still hot take a spoon with your butter and mix in butter. You should try to use enough butter so that it's evenly melted and distributed among the noodles.
- Add milk- More milk may be needed depending on how big your casserole dish is. The milk should come up about 1/4 of the casserole dish.
- Most important step. Seasoning your noodles. Add seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder to the top of the noodles. With a spoon mix in the seasonings so they are also evenly distributed. The seasoning should be done to your taste. I usually test the noodles if they have a lot of flavor on them before adding the cheese it's a go. So remember season to your liking.
- 8. Add Cheese. First throw on a handful of the sharp and the medium cheddars. Use your spoon to get the cheese deep down and mixed in well with the noodles. Continue adding cheese and mixing in until you only have about a handful of the cheese left.
- 9. Take the remaining cheese and spread it over the top.
- 10. Bake at 350 for 1/2 and hour.