Spaghetti Squash with Chunky Sausage SauceFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds) shopping list
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (sweet or hot) shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Pierce squash in several places.
- Microwave on HIGH setting for 10 minutes.
- Turn squash over and microwave 5 to 10 additional minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat until bowned, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, onion and garlic. Saute 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with liquid.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil.
- Cut squash in half. Discard seeds.
- Loosen strands with fork. Scrape into large bowl.
- Top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating2 people
This is a definite keeper! Glad to have come across this - 5 fork recipe!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
We tried this tonight and is it delicious! Didn't know spaghetti squash could be forked out so easily and sauce on top... tastes and IS healthy.
We'll serve this for dinner often, I'm sure.
Highly recommend it to all.joy2u2 in Florence loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!