Chicken Spring RollsFrom jackkekempsey 8 years ago
- Filo pastry 2 sheets shopping list
- bean sprouts 6oz/170g shopping list
- carrots 3oz/170g, thin strips shopping list
- spring onions 1 1/2oz/45q. chopped shopping list
- garlic 2 cloves shopping list
- Root ginger 1 tsp. chopped shopping list
- fresh mint 1 tsp shopping list
- coriander 1 tsp shopping list
- chicken 8oz/225g, skin removed shopping list
- oil 3 tsp/15ml shopping list
- sesame oil 2 drops/1ml shopping list
- black pepper pinch/2g, freshly mill shopping list
- corn flour 4 tsp shopping list
- light soy sauce 1 floz/30ml shopping list
- olive oil for brushing 1 tbsp/15ml shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into fine strips and fry in hot wok with a little oil flavoured with sesame oil.
- Add the chopped ginger, garlic and stir. Toss in carrots and beansprouts and cook for a few minutes. Season with pepper.
- Take off heat and stir in mint and coriander and allow to cool.
- Spread filo pastry out in a large square - two sheets only. Cut strips length wise, approximately 6 inches (15cm) across.
- Place some of the filling at one end, leaving 1/2 inch, either side of the filling.
- Fold the outside into the middle and roll around approximately twice. Seal with lightly beaten egg and place onto a cloth that has been spinkled with cornflower.
- Keep in fridge until needed. Brush with oil and bake at 220oC, 425oF, Gas Mark 7 for 8-10 minutes. Serve as a starter with the Asian Spring Roll dipping sauce.