Lemon BreadFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 Sticks (3/4 Cup) unsalted butter, Softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 Cup vanilla Or lemon yogurt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia (Or 1 Teaspoon vanilla) shopping list
- juice Of 1 lemon shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar shopping list
- juice From 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice, zest and extract and beat another minute. Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the buter mixture and stir together with a spoon, just until mixed.
- Butter a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or one of similar size) and spoon the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until set. Cool.
- In a bowl, add just enough lemon juice to make a glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the loaf and let it set. Cut into slices and serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Yummy 55555, JM!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Ohhhhhhhh yummmmmmmmm I LOVE Lemon Bread!
Catch, cuz I'm tossing you a 5+++lor in Toronto loved it
I made this for an office pot luck today and it is fantastic. Thanks for yet another great recipe. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it