Fried PicklesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 cup ice water shopping list
- • 1 egg yolk shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice shopping list
- • 4 cups drained dill pickle slices or equivalent amount of medium to large pickles, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- • vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center.
- All at once, add the water, egg yolk, and pickle juice.
- Stir the mixture with a wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- 2. In a deep fryer or large saucepan, heat at least 2 inches of oil to 375º F.
- In batches, dip pickle slices in the batter, lightly and evenly coating them.
- Without crowding, place coated slices in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden and crisp, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 41
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I love fried pickles. I remember growing up staying at my Grandparents home and my Paw Paw didn't sleep well at night so we had a tradition that 2 am I would join him in the kitchen and make fried pickles and cornbread. This brought back a bitterswee...morejencathen in loved it
I POSTED THESE TOO SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU HAD EM UNTIL NOW THERE WONDERFULminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it