Apple Pie CakeFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the margarine. Or melt the margarine by heating it in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Remove from the heat and blend in the sugar and egg. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; add to the mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in the vanilla, apples, and pecans. Spread into the pie pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm, directly out of the pan.