Pickled Stuffed MeatloafFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup flavored dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano and basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 6 sliced-lengthwise-for-sandwiches dill pickles shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tomato, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat together eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, onions, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef and combine.
- Place half of ground beef mixture into bottom of roasting pan and mold loaf approximately 3 inches wide and 7 inches long
- . Fold 2 slices cheese in half and lay lengthwise down center of loaf. Top with 3 pickles, mushrooms, tomato slices and remaining pickles.
- Fold remaining slices of cheese in half and place on top of pickles.
- Mold remaining meat mixture on top, making sure all stuffing is covered on all sides, as well as top.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 40 to 50 more minutes, or until meat is no longer pink on the inside.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
I like to experiment with my meatloaf recipes. I will have to of course try this one. Never had a bad meat loaf. uh... yet! *5*
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
i like it - a new way to make meatloaf is always
a good thing thank you - leebearleebear in Brookpark loved it
excellent! love the pickle in it, reminds me of a rouladen recipe from a german ladytazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it