Polish Bow Cookies - Kruschiki Or ChruschikiFrom lor 9 years ago
- 9 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. rum shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 cups flour (sifted) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until well combined.
- Add sour cream, rum and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add it to egg yolk mixture, a little at a time.
- On a heavily floured surface knead the dough vigorously, punching and squeezing as much flour into it as it will take until the dough is no longer sticky (1/2 hour).
- Separate dough into several portions and roll very thin.
- Turn the dough and loosen often when rolling.
- The dough should look like parchment paper that you can see through.
- Cut dough into strips approximately 1-1/2 inches wide, 4 inches long.
- Make slit closer to one end and bring the longer end through the slit. Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry quickly (only a few seconds) until golden not brown.
- Turn only once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- Makes 8 dozen.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Looking for this 5 er one!
thanksmidgelet in Eastern loved it
My Grandmother didn't add Rum...Then again, she didn't have much fun. Thanks for the recipe!rml in loved it
I love these, how did I miss them all this time!!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it