Bean SoupFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups dry navy beans shopping list
- 6 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 lb. link sausage, diced (can use a meaty ham bone) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons shredded carrots shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 beef bouillon cube shopping list
- 1/2 cup of canned condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
- Instant mashed potatoe granules to thicken at the end of cooking time to your likeing. This also adds alot of flavor to the finished product. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beans, 5 1/2 cups water, sausage, (or ham bone), carrot, green onions and bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 2 hours.
- Combine undiluted tomatoe soup, salt, pepper and potatoe granules with 1 cup of water. Add back to bean mixture.
- Cook over low heat for 30 more minutes, stirring occasionally.