Ginger Lemon CrispsFrom dancegypsy67 9 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 ground cloves shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup candied lemon peel, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs and mix. Add the dry ingredients and the candied lemon and ginger and mix thoroughly.
- Drop batter in slightly heaping tablespoon-fulls onto a baking sheet (I always use a baking sheet or parchment paper) about 2 inches apart. These cookies really spread so I could only get 12 on a sheet and some still needed to be cut apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, until the tops are slightly brown.
- Remove immediately from the cookie sheets onto cooling racks.
- This recipe made 48, four to five inch diameter, thin cookies.
The Cookdancegypsy67 Nipomo, CA
The Rating2 people
Definately a cookie I want to try. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
You were right on the money with this cookie recipe! All the flavors were perfect together. Ginger and lemon are a match made in heaven. Yum. These will be on my Christmas cookie swap absolutely. Great addition to the my list. Thanks.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it