Sausage and Kale w Whole Wheat PastaFrom jkstern 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb hot turkey or pork sausage or Chorizo casings discarded and sausage crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 lb kale, tough stems and center ribs discarded and leaves coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/b whole wheat pasta of your choice shopping list
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 oz finely grated Pecorino Romano (1/2 cup) plus additional for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook sausage, breaking up any lumps with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch kale in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove kale with a large sieve and drain. Return cooking water in pot to a boil, then cook pasta in boiling water, uncovered, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- While pasta cooks, add kale to sausage in skillet and sauté, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet, then add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved cooking water to skillet, tossing until combined. Stir in cheese and thin with additional cooking water if desired.
- Serve immediately, with additional cheese on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- albys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
- danieljdavis Birmingham, AL
- wokkingmum Singapore, SG
- jkstern Long Island City, NY
- krispy Acushnet, MA
- iatik Morris Plains, NJ
- eclaires Chicago, IL
- reginnia0221 Jacksonville, AR
- dizzzykipper Port Angeles, WA
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjkstern Long Island City, NY
The Rating6 people
Wow! You really got me with this one. I give it a definite 5 YUMS!!! Top rating!albys1 in Broomall loved it
I'm eating it now; it's wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!