Homemade Yeast A Fun Recipe To ShareFrom cherihannah 6 years ago
How to make it
- Boil one pound good flour, a quarter of a pound of moist ( lump or New Orleans) sugar, and half an ounce of salt in two gallons of water for one hour.
- When nearly cold, bottle and cork it closely.
- It will be fit for use in twenty-four hours.
- One pint of this mixture will make eighteen pounds of bread!!
- Now, I will ask the questions, and maybe you have the answers!
- # 1=After I cork it closely how long do I wait before it blows up ?
- # 2 =If I use the whole 2 gallons ++of yeast how many bread pans do I need & where can I find a store with fabulous discounts?
- # 3= How many days will it take me to make all this?
- # 4= How many ovens does my husband have to buy?
- #5= Do you have a friend who works for the electric company or how many trees do we have to cut down for firewood
- #6= How many freezers do I need?
- # 7= These questions can go on and on.
- This is where I must stop & apologize to whoever the person is or was that originated this recipe. When I first found it in all my old,old recipes handed down I had a little fun with it & hope all of you my Cookin buddies will do the same.!Again if this recipe belongs to any of you or your family I deeply apologize & hope you will forgive me. Have fun. Cheri-