Melazane Al Forno Baked Eggplant With Garlic And ParsleyFrom flavorsofitaly 9 years ago
How to make it
- Trim eggplant tops and slice across widthwise into disks 1 and 1/2 inches thick. On one side of each disk, make crisscross incisions, spaced 1 inch apart; do not cut all the way through.
- Spread eggplant slices on inside wall of large colander; set over a bowl, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- In baking pan large enough to accommodate eggplant slices in one layer, smear bottom lightly with olive oil. Place eggplant in pan in single layer, crosshatched side up.
- Sprinkle garlic and parsley over eggplant evenly, and press into cuts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour 1/2 of olive oil over eggplant, getting as much as you can into cuts.
- Place pan on top shelf of oven. After 5 minutes, remove pan, pour the rest of olive oil over eggplant, and return to oven Bake for at least 15 minutes, until eggplant is very tender.
- From http://flavorsofitaly.blogspot.com/