Mozzarella Impanata Breaded and Fried MozzarellaFrom flavorsofitaly 7 years ago
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut in four 1 inch thick slices shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs, spread evenly over a sheet of foil shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 8 leaves fresh basil, finely shredded by hand shopping list
How to make it
- Dip Mozzarella slices into egg, shake off excess, and dredge completely in bread crumbs, pressing crumbs in with the palms of your hands.
- Heat one inch of oil in medium skillet over high heat.
- When oil is very hot, lower slices of mozzarella into oil with slotted spoon - do not crowd. When slices are golden brown, (less than one minute) turn and fry other side,
- With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel - lined plate to drain.
- Serve piping hot, topped with shredded basil.