Layered Banana PuddingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped shopping list
- 5 firm bananas sliced shopping list
- Chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan combine flour and brown sugar then stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly then cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat then gradually stir 1 cup hot mixture into egg yolks then return to saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat then stir in butter and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Layer a third of the pudding in a 2 quart glass bowl then top with half of the bananas.
- Repeat layers then top with remaining pudding and sprinkle with nuts.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.