Filet Mignon with Mushroom-Wine SauceFrom pointsevenout 7 years ago
- 1T butter, divided shopping list
- 1/3c shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 8oz fresh shiitake mushroms, stems removed shopping list
- 1 1/2c Cabernet Sauvignon, divided shopping list
- 1 (10 1/2oz) can beef consomme, undiluted and divided shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
- 4 (4oz) filet mignon steaks, about 1" thick shopping list
- 1T soy sauce, low-sodium shopping list
- 2t cornstarch shopping list
- 1t dried thyme shopping list
- thyme sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; saute 4 minutes. Add 1 cup wine and 3/4 cup consomme; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl. Increase heat to high; cook wine mixture until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Add to mushrooms in bowl; set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle pepper over steaks. Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in pan over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place on a platter; keep warm.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add 1/2 cup wine and remaining consomme to skillet; scrape skillet to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture, and dried thyme; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with steaks. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 steak and 1/2 cup sauce; 250 calories; 39% from fat.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating4 people
Really tasty, healthy, impressive AND easy! Thanks for sharing! I made this with N.Y. strips, because that's what I had, loved the mushroom sauce.mellybelly in loved it
I made this plate. Very good!!!edcicu in montreal loved it
I have made this a few times...it is wonderful!mamalou in Attleboro loved it