Pinto Beans And Ham HocksFrom jemison 9 years ago
- 3 smoked ham-hocks shopping list
- 2 lbs dried pinto beans shopping list
- 1/2 t garlic powder shopping list
- ½ t crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- ¼ t pepper shopping list
- ½ t salt shopping list
- 2 t hot sauce shopping list
- ½ medium onion, chopped shopping list
- enough water to cover all shopping list
How to make it
- Boil ham-hocks in enough water to cover on high heat for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add all seasonings except hot sauce and onion.
- Continue boiling for 20 minutes.
- Add pinto beans and adjust water to cover if needed, hot sauce, and onion.
- Boil on medium heat for 2 hours until beans are done to taste.
- Note: To speed up cooking of beans and reduce the gas beans produce, soak beans in cold water overnight or bring to a boil; turn off the heat and let sit for 1 hour.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookjemison Huntersville, NC
The Rating5 people
I love beans and I have a bunch of hamhocks right now. I will try your recipe the next time I make them.mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Sounds wonderful! I plan on making the bean recipe today. Thanks for sharing.playswithfood in Bend loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!