Fried Beef Liver With OnionsFrom henrie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse liver in cold water. Place it in a bowl and cover with milk, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the bacon drippings over medium high heat and then stir-fry the onions until tender crisp. Remove the onions from skillet and set aside. Dredge the liver in flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in skillet with hot bacon grease and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until cooked through. (the liver is thin so don't overcook)
- Serve fried liver with the onions on top or on the side, there also good over the top of mashed potatoes.
- *** If you don' thave bacon drippings you can use butter, but the bacon drippings does add alot of flavor.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
LOVELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bru in Aurora loved it
Henrie... U trying to kill me? OMG I love liver and onions.. and U state DO NO OVER COOK! Most do and that is the reason they don't like it. this is the way I cook it! I make a gravy and hve mashed potatoes... Yummmmmy! I never did like liver unt...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it