Slow Cooked Pork LoinFrom lesliegw 7 years ago
- Rub: shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons lemon peel shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder (NOT salt) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder (NOT salt) shopping list
- 1 (or 2) Tablespoon chili powder (I like a lot of chili flavor) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon monosodium glutamate (this is only necessary if you plan to keep some of the rub for later use - I used all of my rub, therefore did not use msg) shopping list
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 (or 1) Tablespon cayenne pepper (I used 1 Tablespoon because we like it HOT) shopping list
- 1/2 Tablespoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 pork loin (mine was about 2-1/2 lbs.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In bowl, stir together all rub ingredients.
- Rub the pork loin all over generously with olive oil then rub the roast all over with the rub. (I used ever bit of the rub on my roast. There was a thick coating on all sides of my roast.)
- If you have rub remaining, it can be stored, covered tightly, in the refrigerator for later use.)
- Cover the roast with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minumum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Place roast in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered until the internal temperature is 150 degrees. ** The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your roast. I let my roast cook at 250 for about 3 hours and then another hour at 275.
- **We like our pork a little more done than some people, so I let the internal temperature get to 160 before I took it out of the oven. It was perfect for us.
The Cooklesliegw Sugar Land, TX
The Rating5 people
Had this for dinner tonight. It was fabulous! It really was. My picky family ate it all! I used a 3.5 pound roast and cooked it at approx. 275 for 3 hours and it registered 180* after 3 hours - will cook a little less next time, but it was not dry. I...moredamama in Woodstock loved it
Gotta try this one! It sounds wonderful!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!