Bourbon Cocktail MeatballsFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 lb. of ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of ground turkey shopping list
- 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs (try for whole wheat) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped raw onion (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of adobe seasoning or shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, fine mill shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of purchased chili sauce shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 jar of pineapple or apricot preserves shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chili sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup of bourbon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce (4 to 5 shakes) shopping list
How to make it
- The meatballs and the sauce can be prepared ahead separately, and kept covered for up to two days, just combine and reheat gently before serving.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients, mix well.
- Shape into slightly larger than one inch meatballs. Place on ungreased baking pan 15 x10 x 1.
- Bake for 20 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in sauce pan and mix well. Cook over low heat until bubbly, stirring often.
- Add meatballs to sauce, stir gently to coat.
- Serve in a slow cooker or fondue pot, chafing dish to keep warm for the guests. I count on 3 per person as a serving.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!