Chocolate Covered CherriesFrom crocwoman 6 years ago
How to make it
- Drain cherries, pat dry on paper towels and set aside.
- Beat butter, corn syrup, and salt together well
- Stir in icing sugar and knead until smooth (mixture will be very stiff)
- Shape 1/2 tsp of sugar mixture around each cherry
- Place on wax paper and place in freezer until cherries are firm
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening
- Dip each cherry in chocolate and place on wax paper lined baking sheet
- Chill until firm and store in fridge.
- NOTE- The cherries take about 2 weeks for their centers to get soft once out of the fridge
The Cookcrocwoman Saskatoon, CA
The Rating3 people
Will surprise my mother on her birthday with these! Thank you for the recipe!shirlex7565 in Sparta loved it
Oh I'm going to make these! This recipe sounds just perfect! Thank you so much for posting your recipe here !!!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Love these so much. Thank you!!!!Afraid I might eat them all by myself!!!cherihannah in Shickshinny loved it