Not my Mamas Swiss SteakFrom modmom50 6 years ago
- 1 and half lbs round steak shopping list
- 2 Tbls flour shopping list
- 1/4 ts thyme shopping list
- 1/8 ts garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery shopping list
- 1 carrot chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic chopped or 1 ts minced garlic (more if you love garlic) shopping list
- 1 (14.5oz can) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine (or 1/4 can beef broth) shopping list
- 1 or more Tbls worchestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cut ground steak into serving sized pieces
- Mix flour, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper together
- Dredge the meat pieces through the flour mixture and place in slow cooker.
- Chop the onion, green pepper, celery and carrot if using.
- Place the onion, green pepper, celery and carrot if using on top of the meat.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the vegetables.
- Cover this all with the can of stewed tomatoes.
- Pour the worchestershire sauce and wine or beef broth over all.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 3 to 5 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta or whatever your heart desires.