Savory Cabbage SeasoningFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 1 part caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 part dill seeds shopping list
- 1 part celery seeds shopping list
- 1 part cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 part crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 part cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 part nigella seeds shopping list
- 1 part yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 part brown mustard seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients in a sealed jar.
- Use 1 to 2 teaspoons for seasoning braised cabbage or sauerkraut dishes.
- The most effective way to season braised cabbage is to melt the butter or oil and add the seasoning at that time; briefly heat the seeds and then add the cabbage. The oil will then distribute the flavors throughout the cabbage.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating5 people
Would lightly toasting the seeds then add the oils,bring out more of the flavors? will try this as we love cabbage.thanks for the postrobertg in loved it
Nice combos of seasoning! I left out the red pepper flakes for the kiddo and I have no idea what nigella seeds are so they didn't go in the mix either! I didn't have cabbage but I did have bok choy and it worked well on this! Can't wait to try it ...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I used this to make roasted cabbage. Olive oil, this seasoning, rubbed into sliced cabbage. 350 for 40 minutes. The cabbage gets charred (you need to stir it now and then). It would be delicious with carrots and rice or mashed potatoes, but it ke...moreMissPam in loved it