Russian Leek And Potato SoupFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin pine nut oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 3 large leeks (about 1 1/2 lbs), thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large red or white onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs of white potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine or sherry shopping list
- 5+1/2 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh, minced parsley shopping list
- more broth - about 1/2 of a cup. shopping list
- season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes, just to warm through. Garnish with parsley. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat pine nut oil in a stock pot. Add butter and follow immediately with leeks and onions.
- Saute over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, sprinkle with a pinch or two of salt.
- Add wine and reduce by 1/2.
- Add potatoes and stock. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Cool by placing your cooking vessel in ice water for a few minutes, then puree the mixture in a blender.
- Place the puree back into the stock pot and mix in the cream. Add a bit more broth - about 1/2 of a cup.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes, just to warm through. Garnish with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Good one and as always a 55555 from me!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Comfort Foods775 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Garden Harvest90 members
Anything Goes289 members
To Your Health75 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members