Turkey EnchiladasFrom mtrevino57 10 years ago
- ¼ cup reduced-calorie tub margarine shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 9 ounces diced cooked turkey shopping list
- ½ cup canned green chilies, drained and diced shopping list
- ¼ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2½ teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken broth mix shopping list
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 4½ ounces shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 11-by 7-inch glass baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray; set aside
- 2. In small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the margarine; sautJ onion and green pepper 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in turkey and chilies; set aside
- 3. To prepare sauce, in small skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine. Stir in flour. Add chicken broth and 2½ cups water; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes, until mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes longer. Whisk in yogurt and ½ cups of the cheese.
- 4. Pour ½ cup sauce into turkey mixture. Dip each tortilla, one at a time, into remaining sauce; fill each with about ¼ cup turkey mixture. Roll tortilla tightly and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Pour any remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6. Makes 6 servingsEach Serving: (2 enchiladas)
- Provides: 1 Fat; 2½ Proteins; ¾ Vegetable; 2 Breads; 50 Optional Calories
The Cookmtrevino57 Austin, TX
The Rating5 people
Wow! This sounds great! I love enchiladas, and this recipe sounds really delicious! Thanks for sharing!dahlka in Lancaster loved it
I tried this recipe for lunch and my hubby said it was good enough to do again. I found it tasty also.sday5 in Smalltown loved it
This looks really good! I'm savin this recipe to try for sure!buncobimbo in Toledo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!