Oven-Fried Cajun Chicken StripsFrom susana 7 years ago
- 3/4-cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-cup buttermilk (no substitutes) shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 ½-cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 3-4 tspn cajun seasoning (I use Tony’s) shopping list
- 3/4-tspn paprika shopping list
- 1-tspn garlic powder shopping list
- 5 boneless, skinless,chicken breasts cut into 1 ½-in. wide strips shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place rimed baking sheet on rack of cold oven.
- Add oil.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine buttermilk and egg and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate shallow dish (I use a pie plate) combine flour, Cajun seasoning, paprika and garlic powder.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture.
- Dip in buttermilk mixture.
- Coat again in flour mixture.
- Place on plate in single layer.
- (Note: If chicken beings to absorb flour, coat again.)
- Place coated chicken strips in heated oil in baking sheet in oven. Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Place baked strips on serving platter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: I served these with Cajun seasoned french fries and a marinated cucumber and baby carrot salad. Ranch dressing or barbecue sauce are both great for dipping. Whatever your family prefers.
The Cooksusana Mandeville, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!