Smacking Good GoulashFrom sheba 7 years ago
- 3 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- 2 lb stewing beef shopping list
- Hot cooked noodles shopping list
- 3 medium onions. Sliced thin shopping list
- 2 tbsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp powdered marjoram shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 28 oz can sauerkraut , rinsed in cold water and pressed to remove water shopping list
- 1 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in dutch oven. Add meat and brown well on all sides. Add onions and cook and stir until onions are golden. Sprinkle in paprika and cook and stir over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, marjoram and garlic, stir to blend and add boiling water to almost cover meat.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Spoon sauerkraut over top of meat and sprinkle in caraway seeds. Cover and simmer about 15 min until sauerkraut is hot. Push meat to one side of pan.
- Cream butter and flour together and add little by little to the liquid in the pan, stirring constantly. Cook gently until smooth and thickened. Add sour cream , stir to blend and heat but do not boil.
- Check for seasoning and serve over cooked noodles.