Beef And BiscuitFrom geckofiend 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green chili pepper shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle powder (or regular chili powder) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough ("Grands" work well since they're so large) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion and green chili pepper.
- Drain the fat from the pan.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder ,and garlic salt.
- Simmer while preparing the biscuits.
- Separate biscuit dough into biscuits.
- Pull each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Press half of the biscuit halves on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish to form bottom crust. Reserve the other biscuit halves for the top layer.
- Remove meat mixture from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, and egg; mix well.
- Spoon over bottom crust.
- Arrange remaining biscuit halves to form top crust.
- Spoon remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are a deep golden brown color.
The Cookgeckofiend Columbus, OH
The Rating4 people
i have to try this!daveysmandy in Warren loved it
I came across this yesterday, then I made it for dinner last night. It was really good!daveysmandy in Warren loved it
This sounds really tastey. Can't wait to try it.... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!