Orange Sweet RollsFrom cookiewoman 9 years ago
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package orange Supreme cake mix shopping list
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional flour for rolling out the dough shopping list
- 2 (1/2-ounce) packages rapid rise yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups warm water shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Place cake mix, flour, yeast and salt in the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer. Add the warm water and mix until dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Divide dough in half and place in 1-gallon zip top plastic bags. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the softened butter, sugar and grated orange peel in a bowl and set aside. Divide each half of the dough into two equal portions. Roll one portion into a 12-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured cutting board or flat surface. Spread with 1/4 of the butter mixture. Roll up jellyroll-style, beginning at a long end.
- Slice into 1-inch rolls and place in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, combine cream cheese, melted butter, confectioners sugar and orange juice. Drizzle the glaze over the rolls and serve.
The Cookcookiewoman Convoy, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!