Banana and Almond CakeFrom stonesoup 7 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2C white sugar shopping list
- 1/2t baking powder shopping list
- 3 bananas, peeled shopping list
- 1/2C sliced almonds shopping list
- 250g raw whole almonds, toasted shopping list
- juice 1/2 lemon shopping list
- icing sugar, to serve shopping list
- 2t vanilla extract shopping list
- natural yoghurt, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grease a 8inch fluted flan tin with removable base. Take a good sized square of baking paper and moisten. Line base and sides of tin with paper.
- Put the whole almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Beat eggs and sugar for 10 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Stir ground almonds and baking powder. Puree the bananas with lemon juice then stir through almond mixture with the vanilla.
- Pour into your tin and sprinkle over sliced almonds to cover the top. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow this to cool in the tin.
- When ready to serve, dust with icing sugar and pass yoghurt separately.
The Cookstonesoup Syndey, AU
The Rating20 people
I will make this one as soon as possible...Making this in a removable tart pan is the secret of its beauty..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Made this for a post-christening lunch today. Everyone loved it. So easy, but looks like you might have spent a lot of time baking. only problem was that I already started baking when I realized that I needed to figure out 250g. (don't have a sc...moresoutherntart in Atlanta loved it
This sounds amazing.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!