Kaylees Hot Cheese DipFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 pound bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled shopping list
- 6 green onions (scallions), sliced shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 large sourdough loaf, made into a bowl (reserve pieces taken from middle) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add the crumbled cooked bacon, green onions, shallot, and cheddar cheese, and stir well.
- Pour mixture into the sourdough bowl and cover entirely with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes.
- Serve with sourdough pieces and other dippers.
- Substitutions: 1/4 cup minced onion plus one clove garlic for shallot.
- Makes 8-10 servings.